Africa-China News Review for 1-15 Nov. 2021, with Eric Olander
This is the first in a new series of progammes produced by the Africa-China Reporting Project (ACRP) and the China Africa Project (CAP) in which we review the major stories of the last two weeks and look ahead to the next few weeks. ACRP Project Coordinator Barry is joined by Eric Olander, CAP Managing Editor.
Topics discussed this week:
- FOCAC 21 – What to look out for at this year’s ministerial conference
- Build Back Better World (B3W) Partnership – Can it become a competitor to China’s Belt & Road Initiative (BRI)?
- The DRC – What’s going on with Chinese gold and cobalt companies?
- Kenya – Are all the big construction projects paying off yet?
- Conflicting views on the new Aiddata report
- China’s distant fishing fleet, and
- Chinese electric buses all over Africa
Follow CAP’s daily newsletter and analysis: https://chinaafricaproject.com/
Leave a Reply